Sunday, July 20, 2008

Figuring it out

I'm almost finished with my thesis--I hope I'll be able to get it into the library by the deadline! (If I don't, I have to register for another semester's worth of thesis work. No big, except for the money.) With the end in sight, I'm looking at my next goal: figuring out what I want to do with my Master's degree. I didn't think that far ahead when I enrolled! I'd really like to find a career that allows me to use my language and linguistics skills. The problem? I'm not detail-oriented. Not even remotely. It's a joke in my family; I'm very bright and creative and capable, I just don't see the details. I try, believe me. I make checklists, to-do lists, priorty lists, take notes, etc. I think it's just not in my nature.

So, what do people who aren't detail-oriented (I can't be the only one) do? Beat's me. I'm hoping to figure it out! I have some pretty important criteria: I want to earn enough money to live off of (it'd be nice if there were a bit left over at the end of the month), have health insurance, and have fun. I'd like to do something that I'm good at and that's rewarding. Does that seem too picky?

Since I don't think I can earn a living reading cheesey romances, I'm waiting for inspiration to strike.

1 comment:

Modern Family on dvd said...

I'm very happy to find this blog. It's awesome! Thank you so much that you can share it. I can learn much from your blog. I'll share it with my family and friends. I will subscrib for updates!
By the way, do you like watching TV series? If you do. I will recommend you a good site which offers Modern Family on dvd please visit http://www.collectcheaps.com